SUMMARY OF GROOMER ROLE
As a groomer at our Redmond location, you will be responsible for day to day client scheduling and grooming of all sized dogs and cats. This includes but is not limited to providing customer service in conjunction with ensuring the health and safety of companion animals.
CORE DUTIES OF GROOMER
- Answer customer calls, input appointments and manage schedules in our I.O. system.
- Trim nails, bathe, brush, blow dry, shave, clean teeth, clean ears and de-matte dogs and cats of all sizes and breeds.
- Greet customers warmly and discuss grooming needs and wants with each customer individually. Ensure mutually agreed upon grooming outcomes accordingly.
- Deal directly, promptly and courteously by telephone, electronically or in person.
- Obtain and document pertinent sensitive information such as name, address and animals grooming history.
- Ensure vaccinations are current prior to grooming animals.
- Handle and resolve any customer complaints professionally with courtesy and patience.
- Advice given to customers will remain professional and within the scope of grooming (i.e., skin, coat, nails, etc.).
- Communicate and coordinate with all team members.
- Support and work cooperatively with other team members to attain positive group results and client satisfaction.
- Keep grooming salon safe, stocked and clean.
- Teach team members the skills to trim nails and nail grinds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
GROOMER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good comprehension and communication skills, with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbal communication.
- Demonstrate self-initiative and ability to work alone / autonomously and yet understand when a superior should be involved in decision making.
- Capacity to learn and adhere to Wag N' Wash procedures and perform the skills of safe handling per Wag N' Wash protocol.
- Ability to work with all sizes and breeds of cats and dogs – effective animal handling skills.
- Competently able to resolve customer complaints – strong customer service orientation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills which positively benefit interaction with internal and external clientele.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and self-control.
- Enthusiasm, good attitude, trustworthiness, personal integrity, and honesty.
- Must be detail oriented, able to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability to operate safely in the workplace, with experience adhering to safety standards.
- Able to work in teams as needed to achieve overall client satisfaction.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Ability to work Sunday through Saturday depending on assigned shift.
- At least 3 years professionally grooming all sizes and breeds of dogs and cats.
- Experience with grooming standards for all breeds.
- Consistent access to reliable transportation.
- Capacity to complete tasks such as standing, stooping, bending and lifting, and carry up to 50 lbs. in bags, boxes, or miscellaneous sized containers easily and repeatedly.
- Able to reach, stand, kneel, bend at knees, and squat throughout the day for long periods of time.
- Able to input data into computer systems.
- Able to adequately speak / hear during phone, co-worker, and customer conversations.
- Able to ascend and descend a ladder carrying bags or boxes of product.
- Able to repetitively lift dogs safely in and out of tubs without avoidable injury to the animal.
Why groom with Wag N' Wash in Redmond?
If you are fun-spirited, enthusiastic, dependable, and an energetic pet-loving person, you may be just the groomer we are looking for! Working at Wag N' Wash Natural Pet Food & Grooming in Redmond is a rewarding experience that lets you contribute to and foster that special human/companion bond that so many of our customers desire. If you like working with the public in a grooming environment, work well as part of a team, understand the meaning of customer service, and know how to smile, then we would like to hear from you.
Quick Submit Application
Please submit your employment information below and we will contact you if we have a position that is a good fit or if we require more information!
By submitting this form, I agree that I have read, understand, and with my submission, I consent to the below AFFIDAVIT, CONSENT AND RELEASE" statements.
This application for employment will remain active for a limited time. You may contact the Human Resource Department for more details.
Wag N' Wash Natural Pet Food & Grooming does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, religious affiliation or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
Click here to view our FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE POLICY (FMLA).
AFFIDAVIT, CONSENT AND RELEASE PLEASE READ EACH STATEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
I certify that all information provided in this employment application is true and complete. I understand that any false information or omission may disqualify me from further consideration for employment and may result in my dismissal if discovered at a later date.
I authorize the investigation of any or all statements contained in this application. I also authorize, whether listed or not, any person, school, current employer, past employers, and organizations to provide relevant information and opinions that may be useful in making a hiring decision. I release such persons and organizations from any legal liability in making such statements.
I understand I may be required to successfully pass a drug screening examination. I hereby consent to a pre- and/or post-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, if required.
I understand that if I am extended an offer of employment it may be conditioned upon my successfully passing a complete pre-employment physical examination. I consent to the release of any or all medical information as may be deemed necessary to judge my capability to do the work for which I am applying.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS APPLICATION, VERBAL STATEMENTS BY MANAGEMENT, OR SUBSEQUENT EMPLOYMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT NOR GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT FOR ANY DEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME. ONLY THE PRESIDENT OF THE ORGANIZATION HAS THE AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT FOR ANY SPECIFIED PERIOD AND SUCH AGREEMENT MUST BE IN WRITING, SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT AND THE EMPLOYEE.
IF EMPLOYED, I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE BEEN HIRED AT THE WILL OF THE EMPLOYER AND MY EMPLOYMENT MAY BE TERMINATED AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT REASON AND WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.