Why Join The Pack?
Working at Wag N' Wash Natural Pet Food & Grooming in California is a rewarding experience that lets you contribute to and foster that special human/companion bond that so many of our customers desire. You’ll be joining a team of passionate pet-lovers who all believe in having a safe and fun environment where pet parents can wash 'em, feed 'em, spoil 'em and love 'em!
Our mission is to enhance the relationship and bond between companion pets and their guardians through products, services and education supporting a healthy lifestyle for pets.
What You'll Do
As a groomer at Wag N' Wash, you will be responsible for providing a positive, rewarding experience for your furry clients and their parents! You will be expected to:
- Greet customers with compassion, reassurance, and safety, and discuss grooming needs and wants with each customer individually.
- Trim nails, bathe, brush, blow dry, shave, clean teeth, clean ears and de-matte dogs and cats of all sizes and breeds.
- Answer customer calls, input appointments, and manage schedules in our I.O. system.
- Obtain and document pertinent sensitive information such as name, address and animals grooming history.
- Ensure vaccinations are current prior to grooming animals.
- Trim nails, bathe, brush, blow dry, shave, clean teeth, clean ears and de-matte pets of all sizes to the breed standards.
- Support and work cooperatively with other team members to maintain a positive work environment and gain client satisfaction.
- Train team members to trim nails.
- Keep the grooming salon up to Department of Agriculture Standards.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Ability to work Sunday through Saturday depending on the assigned shift.
- At least 6 months of professional pet grooming experience with grooming standards of all breeds.
- Consistent access to reliable transportation.
- Provide your own grooming tools and maintain in good, working condition.
What Will Make Us REALLY Love You
- Exemplary comprehension and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with pet parents on their concerns, wants, and needs.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as the ability to collaborate with other team members when necessary.
- Capacity to learn and adhere to Wag N' Wash procedures and perform the skills of safe handling per Wag N' Wash protocol.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability to operate safely in the workplace, with experience adhering to safety standards.
Quick Submit Application
Please submit your employment information below and we will contact you if we have a position that is a good fit or if we require more information!
By submitting this form, I agree that I have read, understand, and with my submission, I consent to the below AFFIDAVIT, CONSENT AND RELEASE" statements.
This application for employment will remain active for a limited time. You may contact the Human Resource Department for more details.
Wag N' Wash Natural Pet Food & Grooming does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, religious affiliation or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
Click here to view our FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE POLICY (FMLA).
AFFIDAVIT, CONSENT AND RELEASE PLEASE READ EACH STATEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
I certify that all information provided in this employment application is true and complete. I understand that any false information or omission may disqualify me from further consideration for employment and may result in my dismissal if discovered at a later date.
I authorize the investigation of any or all statements contained in this application. I also authorize, whether listed or not, any person, school, current employer, past employers, and organizations to provide relevant information and opinions that may be useful in making a hiring decision. I release such persons and organizations from any legal liability in making such statements.
I understand I may be required to successfully pass a drug screening examination. I hereby consent to a pre- and/or post-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, if required.
I understand that if I am extended an offer of employment it may be conditioned upon my successfully passing a complete pre-employment physical examination. I consent to the release of any or all medical information as may be deemed necessary to judge my capability to do the work for which I am applying.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS APPLICATION, VERBAL STATEMENTS BY MANAGEMENT, OR SUBSEQUENT EMPLOYMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT NOR GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT FOR ANY DEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME. ONLY THE PRESIDENT OF THE ORGANIZATION HAS THE AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT FOR ANY SPECIFIED PERIOD AND SUCH AGREEMENT MUST BE IN WRITING, SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT AND THE EMPLOYEE.
IF EMPLOYED, I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE BEEN HIRED AT THE WILL OF THE EMPLOYER AND MY EMPLOYMENT MAY BE TERMINATED AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT REASON AND WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.